Monday, December 3, 2007

My Nameless, Hoppy Honey Wheat...

I had a mini-brewfest at the house on Sunday. Managed to bottle the infamous German style Alt-bier as well as brew my first ever home made recipe.

The bottling of the Alt went really smooth. Though I'm slightly afraid I didn’t use enough sugar, had so much stuff on mind.. but I think it should be okay. I used 22 oz bottles this time, filled in half the time and they look pretty cool. Should be ready the end of the month, very exciting. Possibly a good holiday gift, we'll see...

As for the new brew.. I’ve been doing research for the last week or so for an easy to make Wheat that would be fairly tasty. In the end I decided on a honey recipe on a Northern Brewer, recipe but added my own twist to make it more hoppy. I used the Sterling as my Flavoring/Finishing hop, it smelled really good and I’m excited to see what becomes of it. The recipe is below, Its got a lot of potential, hopefully this turns out well..

I'll keep ya posted on my progress..

Cheers
-Steve


Hoppy Honey Wheat
-----------------
Ingredients:
6.6 lbs Wheat Extract
1.0 oz. Tettenang (60 min)
.5 oz. Sterling (30 min)
.5 oz. Sterling (15 min)
1 lbs Orange Blossom Honey (1 min)
White Labs - California Ale Yeast

0 comments: